The legal beagle stuff to ensure that people understand that I am not out to deceive or take money from brands then review their stuff without disclosing it. I used the disclaimer template from: http://aiw2brandinganddesign.com/general-disclaimer-product-reviews/ to create most of the specific disclaimers.
I’m a writer who enjoys sharing: my experiences, ideas, and primarily the story about what I learn while I journey through life.
- No Material Connection. I have not received any compensation for writing any of my product reviews on this blog. I have no current material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” If a post is written based on compensation, it will include a disclaimer stating so as required by law.
- Affiliate Links: I do not have any active affiliate links if I do… Note: I do not use affiliate link advertising in my product reveiws. I do not receive compensation for links in my blog posts. If I do, I will indicate it in that specific post. Some of the links in the posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
- Review of a product or book: If I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Note: The post which contains a product review or book review (FOR WHICH IS WAS COMPENSATED or given a free copy/product) will include this disclaimer. Many of my posts are written because I read something or liked a product and wanted my readers to know and I do not get compensation for these.
- Sponsored post or campaign: If I write a sponsored post or campaign, I will include this in the posting but as stated above, I do not always do reviews for compensation. This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
- Libel and Defamation & Personal Offense to Content: The content on this blog is the opinion of the blogger, and not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any reader of this blog will hold the blogger harmless from libel and defamation on the contents or images in this blog. Further, any individual who finds offense in any content of this blog will hold the blogger harmless. This blog is the personal opinion/experiences, and/or mere conjecture of the blogger- that is what a blog is after all so get over it!
- Responsibility for Content: The author is solely responsible for the content of this blog- not any organization or employer that he belongs to. Any badges posted on this website are intend to indicate membership and not endorsement. Further, the blogger is not responsible for contents of the websites linked from the badges displayed on this blog. This blogger does not represent the views of any organizations she may guest blog for, and/or be a member of. All the views here are solely the expression and opinions and personal experiences of the writer.
- Content Validity: This blog is a work in progress and dynamic. The content and the topics change as well as the platforms I write about (i.e. social media tutorials and guidelines, for example, are often outdated within a few months). The information published herein might not be valid or accurate two weeks or two years from now. Content, sources, information and links change over time, and therefore, the blogger makes no claims of accuracy of such information as the blog and its content evolves over time. Therefore, this blog does not reflect content validity. All content is for personal use. If you find that a tutorial or a product review is outdated, please feel free to send me a request for an updated tutorial or product review.
- No Intent to do Harm: The author’s intention through this blog is to do no harm. The sole purpose of this blog is to write about thoughts, opinions, and to share occasional consumer reviews. In that respect, the author does not intend to injure others, defame, or libel. What is written in this blog is not to be taken as fact or absolute but rather is open to debate and is just the author’s perspective. If readers use the blog’s advice, tips, techniques, and recommendations, and are injured, you are not to be held responsible.
- Copyright: AIW2 University, AIW²U, AIW² U, and AIW² University are not a registered Trademark but the author claims trademark in its use and the domain name hosting AIW² Branding & Design. If you wish to use any of the content on this website including images, photographs, and information contained herein, please write the author for permission. Back-links, pingbacks, and re-tweets of the links to the contents of this website are permitted but re-posting and copying of the contents is not. If you wish to use any of the contents or photographs and artwork, e-mail the author using the “contact me” link to obtain permission.
- External Links: This blogger does her best to link to content that is discussed in the blogs- i.e. consumer reviews, marketing articles, tutorials, and the like. As stated above in validity and accuracy, if this blogger makes a mistake of publishing an inaccurate or incorrect link, this blog and blogger disclaims responsibility. URLs and domain names along with businesses are dynamic and change. What is at the end of a link is not the responsibility of this blogger. If you bring the incorrect link to the author’s knowledge, he will try to change it. Further, there are advertisements and badges on this blog and this blogger will be held harmless for users who click on these advertisements. These ads are not sponsored for financial gain and the links are not owned by this blogger – if there is an issue for products purchased or clicking on said advertisements, it is the end user’s responsibility and this blogger will be held harmless. The blogger will not be part of a dispute between advertisers and the end-user/reader.
- Photographs and Graphic Images: All graphic images or photos used are either the copyright of the user/blogger or if not, are images in the public domain, free to use, or appropriate credit is given to the owner after proper permissions are obtained. If a credit/courtesy is missing or proper permission was inadvertently revoked or not obtained, there is no intent to infringe the user’s copyright. This blogger will be held harmless from any harm caused by the images and/or their use.
- Files, Programs, and Downloadables: There may be offered from time to time, files, images, pictures, or badges for download onto your computer from this site. The blogger is not responsible for damage to your computer, site, or software. The individual downloader/user is responsible for virus scanning or malware scans of the files you download from this and other websites. This user will be held harmless for any and all damage from a download you choose to make or for any links you click.
- Personal Views: As stated previously, all contents of this blog are the views of the author and owner of the blog. The author is solely responsible for the contents. AIW² U is the sole expression of its author- a blogger who writes as a hobby. This is not a professional blog nor an income generator for the blogger. The blogger does not conduct business on this blog nor earns income from this hobby.
- Comments Disclaimer: Any comments made on this blog are the expressions of some of the readers and followers of this blog. The author of AIW² U is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything anyone says on this blog in the blog comments. Further, the author is not liable for its’ readers’ statements nor the laws which they may break in your country or theirs through their comments’ content, implication, and intent.
- Guest Blogging, Multiple Users and Guests on Blog: In the event of multiple authors and/or guest bloggers, the same protections and disclaimers above apply. They are considered by definition “authors” or “bloggers” for purposes of the disclaimers above.
- No Monetary Gain: As stated before, this blog’s content is not designed or intended to generate money nor is this blogger paid for blogging content. If this blogger does receive an offer of monetary gain for blogging or for links, then this will be indicated very clearly on the specific post. All of the disclaimers above apply regarding any links or contents posted for financial gain.
- International, Cultural Laws & Language: This author and blogger is not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religions, or other laws from the reader’s country of original. This blog is written in the English Language and the United States of America. The blogger/author is not responsible for translation or interpretation of content into another language or culture. Further, this blog and author is to be held harmless from prosecution for bad grammar and punctuation – because punctuation can change the meaning of a word in some countries.
- Limits on Damages: If legal action is brought against the author for the contents of this blog, this action is against the author in a personal capacity and not against any other member of the author’s family or assets. The blogger writes for personal reasons – as a hobby, and therefore, any personal liability is limited by personal insurance coverage limit amounts of the blogger
You are personally responsible for the things you choose to do.
This is a personal blog written and edited by Harold L. Shaw.
I do not typically:
- accept forms of cash advertising,
- provide product reviews, specifically in exchange for free products
- paid insertions on this blog.
When/if I do a specific product review on this blog, it will most likely be a product that is a gift from family or friends or something I have purchased and personally use. Those reviews will not have link-backs, to the product’s website for the purpose of driving traffic to that website. I also do not have control over the advertising that Blogger or Google may include in my posts on their platform.
When I do a review of any product whether sponsored or not, it will be properly disclosed in accordance with current FTC rules/regulations.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. I give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences that I write about on Harold being Harold.
Let’s be honest – Your experience with a product probably will be different than my own and may either be positive or negative. So do not use my experiences as the basis for decisions you choose to make.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest, with any former or current employer, sponsors, or other entity.
Organizations I belong to or that might purchase or receive free gear to use or wear from these organizations:
- U. S. Coast Guard – Retired March 1996 to present
- Member, Central Maine Striders Running Club – January 2012 to present
- Member, U. S. Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer’s Association – June 1990 to present
- Member, U. S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer’s Association – October 1983 to present
Other Blogs I contribute to:
None at this time
My active affiliate links are:
- Google Adsense
- Time to Run Again
- A Veteran Runnah’s Thoughts
- One Foot In Reality blog
- Just A Runnah
- A Veteran Runnah blog and social media marketing – terminated August 31, 2013
Brands that I have worked with in the past:
- Pearl Izumi – December 2016 to May 2016
- Member, Team RWB – March 2013 to May 2014
- Amazon.com – Affiliate Link – not active on this blog
- FitFluential Ambassador – December 2011 to October 2013
- Salaried Contributor to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield – Real Health Website and Blog – September 2012 to August 31, 2013
- Member, Mizuno Mezamashii Project – September 2012 to August 31, 2013
- Optimal Run – Affiliate Link – April 11, 2013 to August 31, 2013
- Swiftwick Blog Ambassador – December 2012 to March 21, 2013
- Barnes & Noble – Linkshare Affiliate Program – Terminated on 1/3/12
- Cabela’s – Google Affiliate Link – Discontinued October 2012
- The Ready Store – Google Affiliate Link – Discontinued November 2012