While I expect 2021 to start as quite a shitshow in the United States. I believe that it will get better as the year goes on and that setting goals for 2021 will be productive in the long run (yes, I did that).
Here are 10 goals that I have for 2021:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine (one of them).
- Run 1,200 miles.
- Complete a 1.0-mile time trial each month.
- Run a sub-22:00 minute 5K.
- Train for a Fall marathon.
- Get under 155 pounds and stay there.
- Have Harold being Harold as my only personal blog all year.
- Write more.
- Read 50 books.
- Travel to visit family and friends.
Reasonable goals that after a very tough 2020 and what will in all likelihood be a difficult start to 2021 are achievable. Though N0. 5 is my stretch goal for the year. They will motivate me to be healthier, run with a purpose, read to become more knowledgeable, and write about subjects that interest me. All the goals are measurable and time limited, but the writing more goal needs to be more holistic because I am not sure what it means yet.
I believe that the best will come out of most of us in 2021, and we will begin living in whatever the new normal will look be. We don’t have much choice do we?
Here is to a great 2021.
What are your goals this year?