Christmas and New Year‘s Eve are all over and done with – I am not a Grinch or party-pooper, but at the same time I am glad the Holidays are over and done with. It is time to get back into a regular routine and not worry about shopping and overeating and drinking too much (not that I don’t usually do more than 1 alcoholic drink every other day), so I was a good boy that way.
I kept over 20 miles for the week, which is one of my goals for next year and I even ran two 5.0 milers and felt pretty good about them. I finished reading “Chi Running” this week and have been trying to incorporate many of the ideas and practices from ChiRunning into my running form. This does seem to be helping a bit.
- Didn’t Want to Run But Did – 12/25/11
- Running Gifts – What did you get?
- Initial Impression of Trying “Chi Running” – 12/26…
- The Hardest Thing About Running
- Running Carefully & Focusing – 112/27/11
- Thank You for your Support
- Muddy Run Down Back in Shorts – 12-28-11
- Looking Back at My 2011 Goals
- Wanted to Run, Rest Day Instead – 12-29-11
- Book Review – Chi Running
- 2011 and Beyond – My Running in the Future
- I am now Officially a Janathon Participant
- Five Miler Done-Just a Little Slippery – 12/30/11
- Running in 2011 – The Year of the Knee
- My IRC Run in Freezing Rain – 12/31/11
- AVR – December 2011 in Review
- Time to Re-Set My Personal Records
- First Run of 2012 and Day 1 of Janathon Challenge
This was week was a lot about reflecting about last year and figuring out what I wanted to do for 2012. I actually think that this is an important thing for us all to do. I received a couple of books for Christmas and another running blogger offered up and I received a couple more books this week, so I have a lot of reading to do. I finished Chi Running and I have a feeling that I will be re-reading sections of that book quite a bit during 2012. With the books that I received and the old running books in my library, I won’t run out of running reading material right off. These are in addition to all the blogs that I read too.
Keep smiling and good things will happen! 🙂
Originally written by Harold Shaw published at “A Veteran Runnah” © 2011 – All Rights Reserved. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Harold Shaw and A Veteran Runnah” with appropriate and specific directions or links to the original content.