Week In Review – April Break

Mike’s Ural Motorcycle //

April break is over and I am getting ready to get back in school mode, but it was a successful break in my opinion.  I got a lot of things done that I needed to:

  • Got my MRI done.
  • Had lunch with my Father and Mary.
  • Had lunch with Mike and Hal.
  • Stayed up too late, too many nights watching the Red Sox play on the west coast.
  • Watched the Celtics take a 3-0 lead against the Knicks.
  • The Archery range is setup and useable if it ever stops raining.
  • Read two books
  • Neverworld by Neil Gaiman
  • Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
  • Figured out that I needed to keep “One Foot In Reality” as my primary blog and “My Thoughts too” as a more personal blog, for when I want to really be politically incorrect ;-).
  • Played enough NeverWinter Nights 2 to get my own keep.
  • Setup Opus Domini to try out as my electronic task manager & calendar shell.
  • Did a great deal of talking and reflecting on what comes next.
  • I ate healthy 90% of the time – the other 10% wasn’t too bad though.

I didn’t worry about getting my resume updated and moving my work history from OneNote to Evernote, but I will get to that sometime over the next couple of weeks. Just have to get on my wife’s laptop.

The one thing that I really didn’t do, was think too much about was school and education related stuff – well a little but… .  I needed to get away from the educational lifestyle and the immersion that educators do to themselves when school is in session. Today I have to get back into school mode – its gonna be tough, but its got to be done.

Enough about me and what happened over break, below are my top 5 posts for the last week based on pageviews:

1.  Mobile Me Review – March 2011
Mar 11, 2011
Jan 9, 2011
3.  Evernote as a Task Manager
Feb 19, 2011
4.  Why I Changed my Personal Blog
Apr 20, 2011
5.  Apple Text-to-Speech – Review January 2011
Feb 2, 2011

I am comfortable and very happy with last week, even if we didn’t go anywhere and I wasn’t “allowed” to do very much walking.  I am also very glad that I decided to come back and keep “One Foot In Reality” as my primary blog, instead of abandoning it, as I had originally planned at the start of the week, as I discussed in Yes – I Can Do The Work.

I want to thank everyone who stuck around and continued reading “One Foot In Reality” while I sorted out what I was doing with my blogs and tentatively made some other decisions as well.






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: