REPOSTED FROM MY THOUGHTS (email@example.com/haroldshawjr.com)
What should I do versus what I will end up doing? That is the question that everyone asks at the start of a new year and I am no different.
1. Increase the amount that I run. I am not going to say I am going to loose so many pounds or weigh a certain amount, instead I want to be able to run – not jog 20 miles a week by the end of August. If I do increase my running the weight will take care of itself.
2. Take more time out for family. This means turning off the computer at 8:00 MOST nights. I sit and participate in Twitter, write nothing blogs and just generally waste time on the computer way too much. I also need to make a trip to Minnesota to see daughters and grandkids and make more time to go to Newport.
3. Get more done around the house. After last year’s health debacle, there are so many things that I have to get done that I didn’t last year. Plus I have acclimated to fewer days off, so now I can budget my time better, just have to get off the computer.
4. Health. I guess that I will have to get the colonoscopy done and if my cholesterol levels are still high, go on a lowering plan that may include pharmaceuticals (as much as I hate to). But this also means that I have to go to the Doctor and actually follow his advise not just nod my head while I am in there and ignore everything when I leave.
5. Work. Continue learning the new job, including the financial end of it and stop procrastinating taking over the finance portion. I can do it, yes I can.
6. Blogging. Stop wasting trons about myself as much, find something to write about that other people might actually have an interest in. I have found a great Blogger template, now I just have to put interesting stuff in it.
Also don’t just read other’s blogs, in Google Reader – go to their site, read the blog there and comment more often. Maybe use my LiveSpaces blog for personal and Blogger for rest? We will see.
Those are the 6 things I want to work on this year.
I was also reading Chris Brogan’s Your 3 Goals for 2009 blog and here are my three words
Technorati Tags: Blogger,brogan,goals,My thoughts,shaw
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Leave a Reply